Monday, December 3, 2007

St. Jude Marathon

This weekend Jay and I ran in the St. Jude Marathon. No I did not run the marathon, but I did run the 5K. Jay however did run the half-marathon - 13 miles. I am so proud of him for accomplishing this goal of his and raising money to help the kids of St. Jude's. We were both feeling the aches and pains of the race on Sunday, but it was well worth it. We had so much fun at the fundraiser and running. We even got to meet Elvis and have a picture taken with him. Addisyn is so funny - she told Elvis that he was her "hunka burnin love". I guess we have lived in Memphis too long.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I can't believe you ran a 5K less than 3 months after having a baby! Being almost 39 weeks pregnant right now I can't even begin to imagine doing that. You are my hero!

It's not too surprising to me that Addisyn is so full of personality considering how much personality both of her parents have. That is too cute that she said that to Elvis! I'm sure he got a BIG kick out of that.

CHRISTINE said...

We're impressed! You guys look great! Man, we miss you. Hope you have a Merry Christmas!!

Debbie said...

Good job! Very impressive! Running has never been my favorite thing to do.

Addisyn is so funny!