Monday, November 3, 2008

Hang on - I know this is long

Last week was super crazy and busy, but we had a blast. Jay had to speak to some MBA and Honor Program's classes at the University of Alabama. The kids and I went with him, and stayed with my sisters Lauren & Janna. This is a recap of our week.
Tuesday: My Aunt Dena is the Head of the Radiology dept. at the Univ. so we stopped by her office and visited with her as well. Addisyn loved going to college. Aunt Dena interrupted a couple of classes to introduce some students to us, and of course Addisyn asked them could she sing for them. Sometimes I wonder who's child this is b/c I'm so not like that, but then again her father is Jay. Everyone loved her and Bradley, and Aunt Dena let them get one too many things out of the vending machines. That night we met up with cousins and trick or treated on Sorority Row as a Princess and Prince Charming. Addisyn got her face painted and loved trick or treating.

Wednesday: We went to my sister Lauren's school and visited her class. She teaches kindergarten. Addisyn fit right in. She was not hesitant about anything. She jumped right into doing school stuff, and of course she sang, danced, recited nursery rhymes, counted, and read a story to the kids. They would all clap for her, and she would ask "What do you want me to do now?"

Thursday: We went to my parent's house and rested.
Friday: We went and visited my mom's class (she teaches 1st grade), and watched the Homecoming Parade for the high school. Once again Addisyn loved being at school. She told me "Mom this is where you should bring me all the time. It's the greatest place on earth." We'll see if she feels that way in a few years. That night we took the kids trick or treating in my parent's neighborhood. I dressed Bradley up as a pirate this time b/c he hated his prince costume. They were so cute. I laughed all night at Bradley with the beard and mustache. After a couple of houses Addisyn & Bradley were thru and headed home b/c Addisyn loved handing out the candy better than trick or treating herself. Addisyn & Bradley with Judson, a junior on the high school football team & who I use to babysit
Saturday: We headed back to T-town for Bama's homecoming game. Jay got skybox tickets from his boss so we took my fam with us. It was a great day.

5 comments:

heidi said...

skybox tickets!!! you mean heaven on earth tickets!!!
ps, where did find that lovely white ruffled blouse! love it!!!

Melissa Stubbs said...

Sounds like y'all had a fun week. The kids are adorable in their costumes. Hope y'all are well.

Nicole said...

Wow what a busy week. The kids look so cute in their costumes. Time to relax now, huh.

Melissa said...

I'm so jealous that you guys had skybox tickets! That's so cool! Did you know that Lauren's school is where I went to Elementary school? I went there 2nd thru 6th grades. I would be curious to find out if some of my old teachers are still there.
Addisyn cracks me up. She reminds me a lot of Jason and Natalie's daughter. Jay's got his work cut out for him keeping all the boys away one day!

Driggers Family said...

Wow, that sounded like an enormous week, but so much fun!! I think it's halarious that Addison asked to sing to the college class. That is so Jay! ha ha ha.... thanks for sharing your life! We love to keep up.