1. Went to my mom's for spring break, and enjoyed a nice week of relaxing. Then headed to Nashville to celebrate my brother-in-laws bday. We played all weekend and had tons of fun.



2. Went to a couple of Memphis Grizzlies Games and have been getting ready for spring.



3. I found out I have Gestational Diabetes. I have had to learn how to prick my finger 4 times a day and test my blood, test my urine for ketones, and cut out all sugar in my diet, and eat at specific times. The diet is pretty tough. I have to account for every bit of food that goes in my mouth and calculate it. It is so much work trying to figure out what I can eat and how much of it. It's been about 1 1/2 weeks now and there are times I feel I'm going to go crazy if I don't get just 1 piece of chocolate in my mouth. I hope June gets here soon, cuz I'm ready for a BIG milkshake. Hopefully it will get easier as the days go on.
This picture of the kids describes how I feel most of the time these days
3 comments:
Oh Mary, I'm so sorry about the diabetes! At least it's not forever, right??? I got in trouble yesterday for my blood pressure. The words "bed rest" were mentioned and I thought I was going to have a nervous breakdown! ha ha She was giving me worst case scenario but I still don't like hearing those words! I hope these next few months fly by for you!
Wow, poor thing. That has to be hard. I am sorry. I know you have to be counting down the days! As id being pregnant isn't hard enough!
Oh wow, gestational diabetes...that Stinks! I'll make sure I deliver a big fat Hershey bar to you in June. Hang in there!!!
Post a Comment