Thursday, August 12, 2010

Kindergarten here she comes

Having breakfast before school with her "K" for kindergarten gang sign

Soo cute and ready
Walking to her class

Hard at work already


This was her face all morning

So yesterday was Addisyn's first day of kindergarten. She has been so excited for this day to come. I on the other hand have been excited, sad, and nervous. She did great yesterday. Again, me on the other hand was a total mess. I faked it great all day, but once I had to leave her I cried all the way to the car and then some. I did not think I would be that sad but boy did I surprise myself. I mean she has been my buddy for almost 6 years now. Just seeing her in that big school with all those big kids made me want to just keep her with me. She only goes one day this week, thank goodness, because I need these couple of days to prepare me for next week when she goes for forever. She looked so cute, and told her teacher after she had been there a while that "in her head she was thinking that she was better than all the other kids". Oh well at least she didn't feel intimidated or was lacking in self confidence.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Oh Addisyn, that's hilarious! ("she was thinking that she was better than all the other kids"...lol) She's such a cutie pie!

Kristie said...

Oh my goodness! I cannot believe Ms. Addisyn is already in Kindergarten. I know she will have a great school year and can't wait to hear all about it!