Thursday, September 30, 2010

Goodbye Senior Airman Mark Forester


Yesterday we recieved the terrible news that a very close family friend was killed in action in Afghanistan. This has been so hard to bear. I have known Mark and his family since the day I was born. Our families have spent so much time together these past 29 years that he truly was a brother. We did almost everything together. I am so grateful to have known such a wonderful, kind, honest, and righteous man. Mark was one of the first people sent in. He died while fighting for our freedom. He was very passionate about this, and went in knowing the risks. My heart aches for his family. We love you and will be there for you. I am so glad that my children were able to have such an amazing man in their lives. Mark you are Our American Hero. We love you, and find comfort in knowing we will be with you again. Below are some pictures Mark shared with me during his time in Afghanistan.





4 comments:

heidi said...

you were one of the first people i thought of when i got the terrible news. i know how important he is to you. you are also in our prayers.

Melissa said...

Mary, when I heard the news today, I thought first of Thad and then of you. I'm so sorry for your loss and I wanted to let you know that I am thinking of you. Love ya!

Debbie said...

Mary, my heart is broken, and my prayers are with his family and yours. I know you were close.

Reeses Pieces said...

Oh wow, I'm so sorry to hear that. I think I saw this story on the news...maybe. Isn't it so nice to know the truth and have a testimony of eternal families and the hereafter.

I saw your kids cute pictures on Stephanie's photo blog. Adorable!!