Thursday, October 14, 2010

Our Faith precedes our actions



With the passing of my dear friend Mark, these past 2 weeks have been very difficult. Every thought has been about him and his life. Mark stood for what he believed in and was willing to die for it. Mark was awarded several medals for his heroism, sacrifice, and life, and many people expressed and showed their love for him. He was honest, honorable, brave, kind, happy, professional, and determined. The thing that really impacted me the most was that everyone that met him said he was "true to his religion, and true to his God". I have thought and pondered on this and found comfort in it. Mark knew his purpose here on earth, he loved God, and his deeds showed it. It was his faith in Jesus Christ that guided him throughout his life. He lived his life according to the gospel of Jesus Christ. I am grateful to have known Mark and the great friend he was. I am also grateful to know who I am, why I am here on earth, and what happens after we die. I know that families can be together forever. I just have to live my life righteously so I can be with them.

2 comments:

sharon said...

Don't know another way to get a hold of you guys. Let us know if you get this. Sharon and Rob
sharonkfultz@comcast.net

sladefamilyaz said...

hi mary. i watched the coming home special on mark and i have not been able to stop thinking about him and his family since. jenny said y'all were close, so i am so sorry for your loss. what a privilege it must have been to know him. he really was amazing. i wish there was a better word than "hero" to describe him, because i just don't think hero does him justice.