Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Whirlwind of a time

I will try not to post overload, but we had so much going on over the 4th's holiday. I think by breaking it down by days I may be able to cover everything and not be so drawn out about it.

Thurs. 3rd - We got things started by going to a fireworks show here in Collierville. It was a
really good one and the band they had was awesome. We laid out blankets and kind of picnic'd it. Oh and by the way my sister Lauren was in town visiting and that morning she got attacked by a dog in my neighborhood while walking with Addisyn. The bite was really bad and bled a lot.
Fri. 4th - We headed to Pickwick, MS where my uncle has a lake house and spent the day
boating, tubing, and swimming in the lake. Then we traveled down to my parent's house to spend the night, and Addisyn got sick on the way there. We had to make several emergency stops on the side of the road - not fun!
Sat. 5th - Addisyn woke up in perfect health. Jay and I met up with our friend Thad and
his fiance Roz. She is so great Thad, we absolutely loved her. Then the whole fam headed to Wetumpka, AL to meet up with Troy and his family (Jay's brother) and finally get to see little Lucas. He is so cute.
Sun. 6th - We were able to be there for Lucas' blessing, & Had a great time at the Enslen's
(Jenny's family). Thanks so much for making us feel at home there. We had a great time. After lunch we headed to Birmingham where Jay met up with some college football buds. It was so great to hang out with them again. Addisyn can't wait to go back to Bart & Cassie's.
Mon. 7th - Jay met up with a client, and we all went out for lunch at a really awesome restaurant called Icon. It's not a kid oriented place nor does it have kid items on the menu, but the chef was able to come up with his own mac-n-cheese and it was to die for. We finally
headed for home with one last pit stop at my parents for dinner and then onward to Collierville.

It was a fast and busy couple of days, but I am so glad that we got to see the family and friends that we did.

1 comment:

Reeses Pieces said...

You've been busy. I can't believe that dog bite that's crazy. Everyone talks about Pickwick. I guess we need to go there one day. Sounds fun. It was fun to see you at the fireworks.