Wednesday, December 17, 2008

2:09

I'm a little late on this, but 2 weekends ago Jay & I ran the St. Jude Half Marathon here in Memphis. My dad and 3 of my sisters ran the race too. It was a great experience and a lot of fun to do it with family & friends. We put together a team and raised a little over $3000 for the children at St. Jude's. We love St. Jude's and the children there are heroes everyday. It felt so great to do something for them. I finished the race at 2hrs and 9mins (hence the title), and Jay finished a few minutes after me. I am really proud of my time. We trained really good for the race, but it was still a killer run. We could not move the rest of the day.AND it was FREEZING COLD!!! Thanks everyone who was a part of the team, helped raise money, trained with us, and cheered us on. We love you. I don't know if any of these pictures will show up b/c they're kind of blurry. They are of us before the race with friends & my family who ran, then one of me with Addisyn & Bradley right after the run (I'm amazed I could even walk), and my favorite picture of Janna & Canella (my sisters) right after their race. This picture cracks me up, but I am so proud of them for doing it & I love them.


2 comments:

The Combs said...

Ya'll are my heros! Congratulations on the amazing time and all the money you raised for such a great place! Love Ya'll!

Reeses Pieces said...

Once again, I'm so impressed. That's quite an accomplishment!