Thursday, December 11, 2008

Boys!


So Bradley totally grossed me out today. Addisyn had gone to the bathroom, luckily to do #1, and while she was in there the doorbell rang. I took Bradley with me to answer & it was the mailman. I needed to sign for something so I set Bradley down. Next thing I know I here Addisyn saying "Eeww Bradley that's gross". I take off running to see what it is & he is splashing in the toilet with Addisyn's pee in it and to top if off he had his toothbrush in his hand swirling it around in the pee & putting it in his mouth. I scream, that's all I could do. I mean it literally was 3 seconds from the time I put him down, signed my name, and shut the door. How did he get their so fast and WHEN & HOW did he get his toothbrush?!! I did my best to thoroughly clean his mouth and hands, but still pee got in there I know it. I never had to worry about these things with Addisyn. She was curious about stuff but if I ever said something was gross or dirty she didn't ever touch it again. The bathroom is Bradley's favorite place to play. He's always in there trying to get into the toilet, throwing things in, playing with tissue, and just hanging out. I don't know how many times I've told him gross, nasty; but it does no good. This has to be a boy thing. He sure is cute and can melt my heart in a second, I just wish he wouldn't be so fascinated with the bathroom:)

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Mary, you crack me up! I totally understand. I haven't had a girl yet, but I know from experience that boys geting into gross things. Nathan is also fascinated with the bathroom. I have done the scream thing as well when I see what my child has in his hand. Tonight when I was getting his bath ready I saw him sitting on the floor but he had his back to me. I did think it was interesting that my child was actually sitting still. Well come to find out that he had pulled a q-tip out of the trash and had it in his mouth! ewwwwww It was one that had been in either mine or Kevin's ear. gross!!

CHRISTINE said...

He is too cute to be so gross! You are not alone...Wyatt and Luke have both had thier share of playing in the toilet. Luke has been the one to play in the bathroom the most though. He's played in the toilet water with his hands too...yuck!

Leigh Collins said...

Hate to tell you that it's not just a boy thing - Anna has done that several times (minus the toothbrush). I finally threatened Mary Mac that if she didn't start flushing the toilet that I was going to start spanking her too! It worked! Hasn't happened since and she is very quick to flush now! Maybe you should try that approach?

Nicole said...

I am right there with you. I try to keep the bathroom door closed at all times but the girls leave it open. Austin loves to go in there and either go to the toliet or the trash! It is just plain gross I agree!

The Combs said...

Mary--I feel your pain, when we were living with my parents, Wyatt would go up to my little brother's bathroom (he's 18) and would grab his toothbrush and play in the potty with it. I thought about not telling him one time, maybe then he would learn to keep the door shut! hehe